Wednesday, June 16, 2010

key lime pie... another "have to" of summer

Key lime pie is one of my all time favorite summer recipes! The following recipe comes from a restaurant in Amelia Island, FL, that I used to frequent with my family when we visited each summer. It's oh-so-simple and quick to make but tastes like you slaved for hours in the kitchen. Just the kind of recipe I like! I usually make it with fat-free or lower fat ingredients and the flavor is just as good!

Ingredients:
I can fat-free sweetened, condensed milk (Eagle Brand is my choice)
I container fat-free Cool Whip
I small or 1/2 large can of concentrated, frozen lime juice (I use Minute Maid)
Reduced fat gram cracker pie crust (I usually use Nabisco brand)

Mix first 3 ingredients together with electric mixer or whisk until well-blended and free of lumps. Pour into pie crust and cover. Place in freezer. Pie takes 6-8 hours to set. Enjoy!

(Told you it was easy!)

My mom and grandmother have made this pie every summer for as long as I can remember... It's not summer without making it at least one (or 20) times!

No comments: