Thursday, June 3, 2010

Big girl job minus the paycheck

This summer, well, for the next 9 weeks, I am completing my first level 2 fieldwork at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. I am working with the Day Rehabilitation program and LOVE it. I could not ask for a better organization from which to gain experience or a more passionate group of people to work with. My current position is definitely one of my DREAMS! Plus a paycheck (The beau agrees with this, for sure), of course. I cannot wait to finish my level 2 fieldwork rotations and start working.

In May of 2011, when I finally graduate for the last time, I want to find a job doing exactly what I am doing now... But in Nashville! This girl was not cut out to live in Atlanta, that's for sure. 50 minutes to go 12 miles? No, thank you. 400, "The Hospitality Highway"? I think not. More like the "Hostile Highway".

Though I am not a fan of Atlanta, or working without pay, I have sincerely enjoyed the last 3 weeks. On top of loving what I am doing I have had the opportunity to spend time with friends and family that I haven't seen very much lately. I am staying with an amazing (and generous!) family with a 2 year-old and 4-year-old. I love seeing the girls each afternoon and swimming or watching movies. I have gotten to see my little brother more and have enjoyed our dinner and wine nights. I've also gotten to catch up with college friends. My week nights are usually packed but I wouldn't have it any other way.

All in all, my big girl life without a paycheck isn't half bad.

No comments: