Wednesday, September 15, 2010

football season isn't complete without good tailgating!

College football season is officially underway (yes, I realize I am a few weeks behind on this proclamation). Football season=fall and fall=my ABSOLUTE favorite season! The beau has hosted tailgates for Vanderbilt football for several years now- you know, the typical- a tent, table of food, and plenty of coolers filled with ice cold beer. And then I came into his life. The beau and I started dating during football season last year and I certainly contributed each week I attended- a queso dip here and there, cookies every now and then, nothing major. This year, however, is a different story. Between the beau and I we have created quite the tailgate scene! It's a little Martha Stewart meets all-that-is-manly. (Not sure if the beau knew what he was getting himself into)

First, the beau has recently designed and had built a HUGE smoker on a trailer (can we say redneck??). I was quite skeptical initially... Until I tasted the end result. Incredible! Smoked brisket, ribs, and sausage. Seriously some of the better ribs and brisket I've had- and it was his first shot at it! Though we got some funny looks driving with a smoking trailer hooked up to the Yukon...

Second, we've recently added a new set of cornhole boards to our tailgate collection. We bought them from a vendor in Nashville and I undertook painting them. It took several days but we were both pleased with the end results! Without further ado, I present pictures from our first (of many!) co-hosted tailgates.










I didn't get many pictures of the actual tailgate due to the rainstorm that almost blew our tent away! I'll take more pictures next time.


1 comment:

The Guff said...

You are awesome. The cookies look SO good!!! Miss you...and your baking! :(