Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Taste of fall

I love to bake, especially during the fall and winter. There's nothing like the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg mixed with pumpkin or apple... And, of course, the end result with a little bit of vanilla ice cream. I think my mouth is watering! I've tried multiple "fall" recipes over the last couple of years. Some have been tossed after one try and others have become fall classics. I like to try a new recipe every couple of weeks- Southern Living online is my go to! Now... For the recipes!

I have made this pumpkin bread recipe for the last several years, multiple times a year! It's a classic. If you like pumpkin you should definitely try it. Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you- it's really simple. You put everything in a bowl and mix! It makes 2 loaves, too, which is nice. I usually make one to give and one to keep.

(Image retrieved from southernliving.com) 


This apple bread recipe immediately made it's way to my "favorites" list. I changed it up a little bit- instead of letting the bread completely cool I poured the topping on while the bread was still warm and in the pan. I also used pecans only in the batter and omitted those on top.

(Image retrieved from southernliving.com)

Enjoy!

No comments: