Monday, February 28, 2011

monday, monday

This morning it was pouring when I pulled myself out of bed at ten 'til eight and almost hot outside. Weird. Now it's still sprinkling and the temperature has dropped from 70 to 40. Yuck. 
My eyes are killing me and my head is pounding. Hmmmm... Possibly due to the crazy weather?? Maybe. I've also developed ocular migraines in the last 6 months or so (As diagnosed by my opthamologist)- not fun at all, for anyone that's never experienced one- hopefully one isn't coming on. 

ANYWAY. 
It's been a Monday. I usually don't mind Mondays, but today has just been blah. I got four measly hours of sleep last night due to my choice to drink Starbucks at 5:00 p.m. yesterday. What was I thinking?? I was wired until 3 a.m. Sheesh! NO coffee after lunch again for this little girl. 

I played around (during a short break from residency work) with calligraphy styles/techniques for our invitations. I did a friends' invitations a few years back and enjoyed the process. 
I taught myself- basically enough to get hers done- and am definitely a little rusty. My little doodle break motivated me to re-learn and get to practicing! 

Here's a peek at some of my inspiration... Though I don't know if I could actually pull anything off that looks this good!





I love a modern take on calligraphy! I'll share my quest at calligraphy as I try and try again. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

I had a dreary Monday too! Hopefully tomorrow is better for us! I'm totally jealous you have some calligraphy skills up your selve! I can't wait to see what you come up with!