Monday, August 8, 2011

showered!

This weekend CSB and I (along with Paisley pup, of course) made a trip up to Kentucky for a couples "shower" thrown by several of his parents' friends. I use the term "shower" loosely as the evening was more like a party than shower! It was such a great time and CSB and I are so very blessed to have some amazing people in our lives. My mom came up for the shower, too, and I think she enjoyed herself.

We got some a-mazing gifts from our PB registry! I cannot wait until October 22 when we get to use everything! :) Well, more than that, of course, I can't wait for OCTOBER 15! It's only 2 months and 1 week away... My, how time has flown.

Here's a picture recap from the evening:

I loved the idea to use different quilts as tablecloths! The back deck looked so cute.

CSB and I pre-event.


My momma and me. 

CSB in action. 

Gift opening!

More gift opening... This was our bedding that my momma got for us and I am SO very excited to use. It's paisley. I'm sure you're shocked. 

Me convincing CSB to let me use the knife to open a gift. 



Delicious! Made by one of the hostesses. 

And speaking of hostesses... I gave each a small gift as a token of our appreciation. I bought small Tyler candles (You can read about my obsession here) and wrapped them in burlap. I also added a stamped card and ribbon to finish it off. I wish I had remembered to take pictures before the party because the ones I took once we got there didn't turn out too great.  




Now, off to write thank you notes! I secretly (well, not anymore) love this part of receiving gifts. I'm a nerd, I know. I am over half way finished and plan to send them all out tomorrow. :) 

5 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like fun! Love your dress that you wore!

Gentri said...

Oh my how fun!! You look gorgeous!!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

stopping by from "southern in the city" and so glad i did. i am your latest follower :)

Tiffany said...

Stopping in.. Your party looked fun and the food looked yumm. New Follower from "story of my life" :)

tldetwiler.blogspot.com

L.Caroline said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies! And thanks for the compliments. I bought the dress originally for engagement pictures but ended up changing my mind last minute. It was SO hot and I'm pretty sure I sweat all of my makeup off within 30 minutes...