Sunday, September 25, 2011

first weekend of fall

Fall is officially here! Which means several things... First of all, as I've mentioned before, it's my favorite season. And my birthday is soon which I almost have forgotten this year with all of the wedding planning. AND our wedding is only 20 days away! I cannot believe it's finally that close. After almost a year-long engagement I am beyond ready!

So, what did we do to ring in the fall season, you ask? We began the weekend with dinner at our  favorite local sushi restaurant on Friday night followed by a few episodes of Mad Man on Netflix. On Saturday morning we went on a dog park date with the pup. Trips to the dog park are always followed immediately by a bath. Paisley always manages to find the mud. And romp through it. And lay in it. And roll in it. No lie, she always the dirtiest dog there. I would take her everyday if she could keep herself a little cleaner!

The rest of our day was spent cleaning out CSB's fridge in preparation for the new (to us) one he just bought from a friend. It was quite comical watching the boys maneuver and brainstorm to get the appliances out, finally taking the entire back door off. We also now have a new (to us) convection oven with glass top range. They are both so nice... And great upgrades for when we decide to sell the townhouse in a couple of years. Especially the fridge. I am obviously getting old as I am SO excited about new appliances. 


Saturday night we went to see Randy Rogers at Tin Roof with one of Sean's friends from work and his sweet girlfriend. The concert was outdoors and the weather was perfect.

Today I worked on some wedding projects and got a manicure with a friend. Oh how I love shellac manicures! I ran a few errands and came back home to work on wedding projects again. All in all, it's been a great weekend.

1 comment:

Gentri said...

Sounds like a great weekend. :) I am so excited for you to be married soon!