Wednesday, November 2, 2011

wedding wednesday: picture version

Though our wedding is over, I thought it would be fun to continue to partake in the tradition. Each Wednesday (from now until I get tired of doing it) I am going to post a picture from the weekend of our wedding and share a little bit about it or the significance of the person/people in the picture (I'm all about alliterations, and since there is not a day of the week that starts with P I'll stick with Wedding Wednesday as my platform for sharing!). It may be a picture I have already shared on the blog but with a bit of detail as to why it's a favorite of mine.


This is a picture a friend snapped of my grandmother (Who as a toddler I lovingly bestowed the name, "Gaga") and I at the reception. It's one of my (many) favorites thus far from the wedding. My grandmother is one of the most important people in my life and has served as an amazing role model throughout my entire life. She and my grandfather were unable to make it to my graduation in May because of her health and my prayer, almost since the day CSB and I got engaged, was that she and my grandfather would be there to watch me walk down the isle. Words cannot express how blessed I felt to have both of them there when CSB and I said, "I do". I am thankful for my Gaga beyond measures and can only hope to be half the woman, wife, friend, and grandmother she is.

1 comment: