Sunday, February 12, 2012

walking for a reason




On April 14, I will be joining family and friends to walk for a cause that is very dear to my heart.


In November of 2009, after several months of facial numbness and a few other symptoms, my brother was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. At the age of 21. He was healthy, active, and enjoying college life at Georgia Tech. Unfair? Definitely, if you ask me. Since that time he has seen good and bad days, ups and downs. My little brother is a fighter and I admire the courage with which he has faced his diagnosis. As of today, there is no cure for MS. It has broken my heart for my brother to have to deal with this on a daily basis as well as to think of others out there who are affected.  My dream is that one day this disease will be curable- or even better, nonexistent! 

If you are interested in making a donation, please visit my personal page. Or, if you are in the Marietta area please join us to walk! 

No comments: